Well-designed interior doors can make a significant impact on the architecture of a home. The experts at AVI Windows and Doors can help you select the custom door that elevates your home’s design.
Beyond just the doors that connect the inside of your home to the outside world, there are many kinds of interior doors that are used to separate rooms and provide distinct spaces to live in. These are doors that close off bedrooms and bathrooms, closet doors, utility room doors, and doors for decorative purposes. They can take on various styles with the use of color, patterns, and decorative hardware to give your interior spaces more personality and functionality at the same time. Browse the styles and installation options for interior doors online or in store at AVI.
Features of Interior Doors
- Elevate the architectural style of a home
- Provide useful separation of rooms and better sense of space
- Soundproofing features to reduce noise in rooms
- Increase privacy in the home
- Many options for colors, styles, and hardware
- Multiple material options, including solid wood, solid core, and hollow core
- Options to go as basic/functional or as decorative as you like
Types of Interior Doors
Panel doors are also called slab doors and are a traditional style of door with square or rectangular patterns. These doors can be straight or curved at the top and come in various configurations for ultimate functionality.
Closets, pantries, and utility rooms often have bi-fold doors that fold open and closed for daily household use. These doors save space by not swinging out into the room and are another functional and popular type of door.
Pocket doors are a great option for saving space. They slide along a track that's mounted inside the wall and "disappear" into the wall when open.