Are Iron Doors a Good Fit for Your Home?
By: Architectural Visions
Iron doors are a stunning design element that can instantly make a statement on your home’s curb appeal. They are beautiful, elegant and unique, offer added security benefits, are long-lasting, low-maintenance and increase your home’s energy efficiency. If you’re considering adding iron doors to your house, read on to learn more about the top benefits of iron doors and to see if they’re a good fit for your home.
Key takeaways for iron doors:
- Iron doors make an aesthetic statement at first glance and come in various styles, resulting in an elegant, one-of-a-kind look that complements different architectural styles.
- With the correct maintenance, a high-quality iron door can last a lifetime and eliminate the need for a door replacement.
- Iron doors provide homes with added security benefits, as their heavy weight makes them difficult to break into, and they also stand up to dangerous weather conditions.
- Iron door’s energy-efficient properties help keep homes warm in the winter and cool in the summer, keeping homes comfortable and reducing energy costs.
- Working with a professional will help you select a custom design and ensure it’s the best fit for your home’s architectural style and is safely installed.
Iron doors make an aesthetic statement at first glance. They are elegant, strong and unique. Iron doors come in various styles to result in a one-of-a-kind look that complements different architectural styles. When selecting your custom iron doors, you can also choose from various decorative glass and specialty hardware options to create a truly custom look for your home. Additionally, iron doors can help improve a home’s curb appeal, which can add to the home’s value.
Long-lasting and low-maintenance
Iron doors are known for their longevity and low-maintenance properties. Their durability helps prevent rotting, warping, moisture, or paint discoloration. To clean an iron door, you can simply use a soap and water mixture with a damp rag. With the correct maintenance, a high-quality iron door can last a lifetime, which can eliminate the need for a door replacement.
Iron doors provide homes with added security benefits. Because of their heavy weight, durability, and resilience, they are incredibly difficult to break into, deterring intruders. Iron doors will also stand up to the most dangerous weather conditions, such as hurricanes, high winds and flying debris. In addition, their strength can help them stand up to fire and even pesky insects and pests.
Iron doors help to increase a home’s energy efficiency. Their insulation helps to keep homes warm in the winter and cool in the summer, keeping your home more comfortable year-round, reducing your carbon footprint and lowering your household’s energy bills.
Importance of professional installation
When selecting iron doors for your home, working with a professional installer is essential. From choosing a custom design to ensuring the door is correctly installed, a team of professionals will help ensure the door is the best fit for your home’s architectural style and is safely installed.
Contact AVI Windows & Doors
Turn to a professional to help you install a new iron door by contacting the experts at AVI. AVI is your one-stop shop for all types of doors, with in-person and online service options. Please don’t hesitate to contact us online or come by one of our Southeast locations and let us help you!