Energy Tax Credit Up to $1,500 Now Available!
By: Architectural Visions
Replacing windows and doors with more energy-efficient products qualifies for tax credit. At AVI, a Marvin Design Gallery, we offer a wide range of products that meet energy standards, which qualifies you to save on your next purchase while increasing the energy efficiency of your home.
How to Qualify for Tax Credit
1. Replace old windows and doors with qualifying Marvin products between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010.
2. Save the purchase receipt and all NFRC/Energy Star labels from the windows and doors installed.
3. Print and file the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement pertaining to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
Details of the Energy Tax Credit
For example, a purchase price totaling $5,000 of qualifying products will receive the maximum tax credit of $1,500. Not all products in the project are required to meet a 0.30 U-value and 0.30 SHGC. Therefore, $5,000 of product that does qualify can be used with product that does not, yet the homeowner receives the maximum rebate.
1. The tax credit is based on 30% of the cost of window and door products up to $1,500. Installation of the windows and doors does not qualify for the tax credit.
2. The credit is available on projects completed in 2009 and 2010 for a total of $1,500 over the two-year period.
3. The credit applies to the homeowner’s principal residence only, and does not apply to new home construction.
4. A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction subtracted from your tax liability. Therefore, $1,500 can be subtracted directly from the amount of tax that is owed or added to a refund.
5. Improvements made in 2009 can be claimed on the homeowner’s 2009 taxes filed by April 15, 2010.
Ask an AVI sales representative about products eligible for tax credit. All purchasers are advised to consult a professional tax adviser to determine whether specific product purchases qualify for tax credit.
Additional information is available at www.energystar.gov/taxcredit.