Front Door Replacement Guide
By: Architectural Visions
Replacing your front door can improve your home’s curb appeal, increase energy efficiency, and boost the interior aesthetic, among other benefits. A new front door means selecting a door that will complement your home’s architectural style and coordinating the installation with a team of professionals. Read on to learn more about what you need to know about replacing your front door.
Key takeaways for replacing your front doors:
- Replacing your front door will give your home a new look and boost curb appeal.
- Front doors come in many styles, materials, shapes and functions. They also have a wide range of features you can customize.
- Consulting with the professionals to help you select your new front door will ensure the door best complements your home’s architectural style and meets your functional needs.
Reasons for replacing a front door
Replacing your front door will give your home a new look and boost curb appeal. In addition, a new front door can allow more sunlight to come in or provide more privacy. There are both functional and aesthetic reasons to replace a front door. Below outlines common reasons to replace a front door:
- The existing door is drafty, which could mean the door is old and needs a replacement.
- Warm air is escaping. If the warm air is leaving through the door, it’s not energy-efficient, and your heating bills are likely higher than they should be.
- The existing door is inoperable. Broken hardware, latches, glass, or parts of the door can result in an inoperable door, which means it’s likely time to replace it.
- You’re selling your home. Replacing the door before a home sale could help your home sell faster and with fewer hurdles if the inspector doesn’t find any issues with the door.
- To improve curb appeal and interior aesthetic. A new door is an excellent way to change your home’s exterior and interior appearance.
- You want more natural light to shine through. A door with more glass incorporated into the design can allow more sunlight to shine through your home. Additionally, adding sidelights or a transom to the front door frame are other ways to allow more light to fill your house.
Types of front door materials
Front doors come in many styles, materials, shapes and functions. They also have a wide range of features you can customize. Some of the most common reasons to customize your front door include:
- To increase your home’s safety and security
- To withstand all weather conditions
- To make a stunning first impression
When selecting a front door, you can choose from various materials. These materials include:
In addition to different materials, front doors also come in various styles. Some favorite types include:
- Traditional wood raised panel
- Stained glass
- Fiberglass with sidelights
- Split door
Designing a unique front door can elevate your home’s exterior design and improve its curb appeal. Below are some ways you can create a front door that is uniquely you:
- Select from a variety of hardware options to complement your home style
- Choose from a wide palette of colors to match your home’s exterior and interior color scheme
- Choose a classic rectangular shape or a more decorative arched top door.
The importance of professional installation
Replacing your front door is an infrequent home project. Consulting with the professionals to help you select your new front door will ensure the door best complements your home’s architectural style and meets your functional needs. In addition, having a team of professionals install your new front door will ensure it lasts for decades to come.
AVI Windows & Doors
Turn to a professional to help you replace your front door by contacting the experts at AVI. AVI is your one-stop shop for all styles of front doors, with in-person and online service options. Please don’t hesitate to contact us online or come by one of our Southeast locations and let us help you!